One of the most beautiful books I have ever read

⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑  Threads of Life is a remarkable memoir of stitchery through the years. From Mary Queen of Scots hiding messages in embroidery to modern day movements supported by embroidered banners and the like, this is a touching, sometimes tearful, love letter to the female art and those who used it to stunning effect over time.

I loved this book so much and even started doing cross stitch again, after 25+ years away from it, eye sight willing. I wish I had the talent, patience and well, eyesight to do something more meaningful but this brings me joy and is my little homage to thread and needle and the power it holds for so many. If you have an interest in embroidery or any type of sewing, this is a must read. Gorgeous, thought provoking and sure to delight, this book will touch your soul.

Comments

Popular Posts