Not for me, sorry

⭑⭑⭑  I struggled to make a connection with The Sandpit. For me, it seemed somewhat disjointed and I  could not get into it, though the espionage genre is one I most relish. It's easy to blame lockdown as my home-based activities have certainly ratcheted up so I have been distracted.

This was a slow build that just didn't hit me at the right time. A thoughtful, reflective novel we spend a lot of time with Dyer as he reflects on his past life as a married journalist in Brazil and his current state being a single parent to a boy in an expensive private school that may be beyond his means as he researches his next book. A case of bullying introduces him to the father of his son's classmate and that leads to more than expected. A good premise but one that I couldn't latch on to, sorry.

Comments

Popular Posts