From not sure about this book to loving it - masterful!

 

⭑⭑⭑⭑  Where does Sarah Pinborough get these ideas from?!? I've read previous books by this inventive author and wondered if maybe Insomnia was a book too many as I failed to connect with, and feel for, the exhausted Emma Averell. I suppose no woman presents her best self after so many nights on the trot without a good kip. One night would be enough to send me crackers so I must give Emma some slack.

But, as I said, I wasn't warming to the story and halfway through wasn't even sure I would finish as predictable plot points played out. Intriguingly, something changed along the way. As the tension ratcheted up the story caught fire. Emma wasn't simply annoying but a character I wanted to invest time in and find out what the future would hold for her and her fractured family. I knew there would be a great twist – and there were more than a few – and became overanxious to know if Emma was mad or something more sinister. This was the point when Sarah Pinborough's genius shone brightly. From then on I was hooked and felt the gut punch of the book's closing. Another winner and I gleefully look forward to the next book, too.

Comments

Popular Posts