A fun, complex romp

 

 ⭑⭑⭑ I struggled to get into The Paradox Hotel. Not the book's fault but my own lack of time to take onboard the complexity of this story. Reading in drips and drabs makes it a struggle to understand the width and breadth of this meaty story on time travel and unstuck illness as suffered by our main character, January Cole. I did love January as a character. Her sarcasm, though cutting and edgy, masked a deeper wound she is loath to let heal.

The more I read of this novel the more the world building intrigued me. Time travel features but it is the vehicle of attaining time travel that is the focus. The Paradox Hotel is up for sale whilst, coincidentally, shenanigans are taking place unsettling the facilities stability. January is a sharp cookie and goes to great pains to sort it out. I found the end of the book meaningful and enjoyed it but there is no way I can explain it, sorry.

Comments

Popular Posts