A comfotable guide to a life more simple

⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑  This book is a brilliantly simple, warm stress reducer in it's considered, uncomplicated delivery. Only pages in and I was keen to commit to a Kate's views on a simpler life. With A Year of Living Simply I created more bookmarks in this one book than all the other books I have read combined. So many great ideas!

Like Kate, I enjoy a dog walk around the British countryside regardless of the weather as a great balm to many ills. I found her different chapters - everything from bread making to earthships - all fascinating and worth investigating whether or not I felt they would enhance my life, personally. I loved her gardening experiences so much, this is exactly how I feel about it, too.

This book reads like a cozy chat with a good friend encouraging all of us to simplify our lives and make decisions based less on throw-away consumerism than on what we truly need. We all have so much stuff but does it really help us live or feel like a weight? I intend to take these notions to heart and try to make the most of what I have and indulge in things that bring simple joy. It's bread making for me, Kate. Thank you!

Comments

Popular Posts