There are two ways to solve a murder

⭑⭑⭑⭑ I have loved murder mysteries since my formative years when I would sneak my Mum's Agatha Christies. Not sure I fully understood the finer points, then, but I loved the hunt for a killer walking among us, fictionally speaking, that is.

In The Cracked Mirror we have a beautiful collaboration between two stalwarts of the mystery genre - the gritty police procedural (Johnny) and the sweet, spinsterly crime solving genius (Penny). Here they come together from separate investigations and bump along as well as two diametrically opposed people with unbending views on investigation might. It was such fun! I couldn't foresee where this mishmash was headed but the journey to the unexpected took on more varied and complex twists as it went leaving me thrilled, if not a bit perplexed initially. Ingenious plotting and a quick pace served this novel well making one I thoroughly enjoyed.

Comments

Popular Posts