My favourite book of 2021

 

  ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑  Often, the second book of a trilogy might fail to delivery the goods. Not so with Shackled Fates of The Hanged God trilogy! If anything it ups the entire story to a new level. I was mad for Northern Wrath and am even more in love with this very worthy follow-on installment. As much as I look forward to book three, I really don't want this saga to end. It is transformative and magical in a way I cannot describe. But, for those of you who aren't heavily knowledgable in Norse mythology I can assure you that is not a prerequisite to enjoying these books. Much of it is explained along the way making it easy for those who know nothing of the Norse Gods and Ragnarok (the ultimate battle that ends the world and the gods).

I should end my review there as I would hate to give anything away. But I do want to add that where the first book contained lots of violence and fighting, this book has a wider scope in the story with plenty of heartbreak for the reader. It was an emotional rollercoaster for me. My poor husband, I could not stop talking about it. Shackled Fates was wholly spellbinding and easily my favourite book of 2021.

Comments

Popular Posts