A terrific, creepy read for Halloween

 

 ⭑⭑⭑⭑  The Lighthouse Witches was a surprisingly inspired read for this time of year. Dark and more than a little creepy, I feared it would take the path heading to frightful horror but, actually, took the story in a direction that worked well for the characters, and readers, alike.

Liv, the mother of three girls, takes a commission to paint a mural inside an old Scottish lighthouse. Once the family are installed, strange things occur that spark the locals into talk of witches, curses and wildlings. As I progressed with the story I became concerned this story wasn't going to be my cup of tea but then I clicked with it and became concerned for the outcome of Liv and her girls. The end made me feel surprisingly emotional. A welcome surprise and a story well told.

Comments

Popular Posts