Another winner from the talented Lisa Unger

 

 ⭑⭑⭑⭑  When Selena meets Martha on the train home, and they discuss the troubles with the men in their lives, my mind immediately jumped to Strangers on a Train, the Hitchcock classic. Lucky for me, this is much more entailed and far more twisty than that great film.

In her trademark style, Lisa Unger builds a story of many layers that does not disappoint. Though I did not warm to Selena as I expected I would, I did appreciate the terrific twists that are handed to the reader with professional ease by this talented, faultless writer. No one writes a story quite like Ms. Unger and that is to our gleeful delight as we know this proven author will keep us amused with a brilliant yarn. What might normally be considered a fab beach read will now fall into the category of a great distraction from covid. Thank you for the joy of a sure thing, Lisa!

Comments

Popular Posts