a delicious uni-based mystery

⭑⭑⭑⭑  I second-guessed my instinct to read this thriller of four girls off at uni thinking I was well beyond those years and what interest could The Roommates hold for me, a late forties reader? Well, it turns out there's more here than meets the eye and I am glad I took the dive.

Four girls from different backgrounds become flatmates at uni. Each has their own secret but something is clearly amiss when one suddenly disappears a few days into fresher's week. Imogen, a shy retiring girl who has recently dealt with the disappearance of her sister, sees something really wrong and cannot let it go, driving Teagan and Pheonix to distraction. But, is she correct? I will honestly say at this point I didn't give a fig but as the story firmed up I was hooked. I did see the main twist coming a mile away but wasn't bothered that it seemed so obvious. The camaraderie between the girls with the unveiling of the clues made the journey interesting and, though they hardly ever went to lectures, I was keen to see how everything would play out. The Roommates is a fun distraction for both adults and even uni students looking to dodge a bit of homework.

Comments

Popular Posts