18 Below is a textbook thriller

⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑  I confess upfront I haven't read the previous books in this series and, though that caused me some confusion in keeping all the characters and their roles straight, it did fall into place so I could enjoy the ride. And enjoy it I did! Simply crazy, wildly unbelievable yet wholly addictive. Yes, the likelihood of omnipotent baddies that pull off incredible feats of criminality was a huge leap but lack of feasibility doesn't diminish the heart-pounding thrill of this novel. Eighteen Below grips the reader like a vice! It's so immersive that the events transpiring do feel possible in a terrifying way with terrifying consequences. I haven't read anything quite like this and loved it to bits as Fabian Risk and the team work to decipher what is happening and why.

Being book three in a series there is a fair amount of backstory I wasn't privy to but the story (and that ending?!?) was such a surprise I want to go back and read the two preceding books. Nope, I'm not giving a thing away so I shall stop here before I let slip even the tiniest detail. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts