The perfect follow up to Defender

⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑  Hunted offers up a great bit of escapism that is hard to put down. I have two disclaimers, though. 1: read Defender first and 2: don't worry about the confusion you feel at the start. It all makes sense in quick order.

I forgot how much I loved Defender's dystopian world and was swiftly reminded of its brilliance at the start of Hunted. I've never read anything that brought to mind The Stand more than this book. It's uncanny how Stephen King-esque this novel is. I simply ate it up and felt crushed when it was finished. I want to know what happens next! Cliffhangers are great but the wait for the next installment can be painful... especially after that ending! Oh my!

Hunted carries on where Defender left off but introduces a new group of survivors with an interesting backstory. Defender was brutal in its violence (be warned), Hunted much less so, but it's got all the classic suspenseful moments you've come to love from the previous book. This is my secret little vice. A smart, action packed end-of-world existence with plenty of mystery afoot. The Walking Dead without walkers. People struggling to survive whilst letting their primitive roots show. But there's so much more that is yet to be explained. Where did the Voices come from? What is their purpose? What is the meaning behind the colours Albus sees? And that ending... WHAT?!?! I'm incredibly excited for the follow up book! The Voices series is sure to be a cult classic much like Justin Cronin's The Passage.

Comments

Popular Posts