Circe is finally out. Thank you, Bloomsbury Publishing!

⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑  I read quite a few books over the course of a year and am lucky enough to get my hands on some amazing quality advanced reader's copies. Circe came to me in the autumn of 2017 with an April 2018 release date. I typically wait to dive in close to the publication date but simply couldn't with Circe. I was too keen. So, the review I published was pretty early but that doesn't limit my excitement about this book. I can honestly say this was the best book I read in 2017 and am so pleased it is now available for you to enjoy as well. Following is my original review but I must include this fab social media card the folks at Bloomsbury Publishing made for me...



My love of Greek mythology is deeply seated in my soul, having devoured stories of the gods and all their trickery since I was young. My Grandmother's house was a reader's treasure trove and this is where it all began for me. I loved these tales unconditionally, even when the gods were merciless and cruel. Circe featured regularly so there was no way a novel about her life would pass me by.

Of all the books I read this year (2017), tipping toward 65 at this point, Circe has claimed the top spot for me, being the best of the best. It is utterly beautiful in its language and tone, lyrical in a way that must surely be gifted from the gods. Ms. Miller has transformed the witch Circe into a sympathetic and likeable character. Misunderstood no longer. You might not think a life of exile on an island would provide enough content for a rich and engaging novel but you would be mistaken. Circe's exile is full of adventure, mystery, love, vengeance and self discovery.

I dreaded the end of the book when I noticed the progress on my kindle moving swiftly beyond 50%. Why can't the books you enjoy best go on endlessly instead of finishing too soon? Never have I been more thankful for an advanced reader's copy as the wait for an April 2018 book release would be too difficult to bear. I am happy for you, though, as Circe will provide you with amazing entertainment and delight. It is definitely worth the wait!

Comments

Popular Posts