Aussie murder mystery is wholly entertaining

 

 ⭑⭑⭑⭑ I love Aussie police procedurals and count myself lucky I stumbled upon Canticle Creek. An author new to me but a storyline in the outback I could read time and again, and have. There's a murder, a smart cop smells trouble, the investigation leads to unforeseen danger and gets wrapped up with a bow. Obviously this story has more meat on the bone, is filled with fleshed out likeable/dislikeable characters, carries the sense of place only Australia can claim and is pure entertainment.


Canticle Creek felt fresh to me with an artistic angle filled with beauty and great tension that comes when nature unleashes her fury leaving people scared, in danger and fighting for their lives. That gritty determination was exposed throughout this novel. I could feel the heat of raging fire and concern for characters I got to know over the course of the book. An atmospheric novel, Canticle Creek saved me the cost of airfare as I could enjoy Australia in all her splendour from the comfort of my own home. A great book I wholeheartedly recommend.

Comments

Popular Posts