Find enchantment

 

 ⭑⭑⭑ Katherine May is a talented writer and a capable story teller. I enjoyed her style and skill with words. A rich, almost musical prose worth reading. The premise of Enchantment was a solid one. We, today, are burdened by the weight of constant contact, instantaneous knowledge of world events, pressures from every direction that leaves us feeling flat and ground down. I couldn't agree more with her in this regard. I suppose I failed to find synchronicity in the vignettes meant to inspire enchantment with the natural world around us. Yes, they are magical, in their way, but, for me, it failed to spark. I don't know what I expected but it may have been more of an appreciation of our everyday, possibly overlooked, beauty that surrounds us every moment. Finding peace and joy in the magic of nature and beyond. Taking freshly baked sourdough loaves out of the oven, seeing tadpoles swim and grow into frogs and toads, blossoms turning to fruit, Kites circling close above. Things at hand or spotted on walks out in the world. Maybe less travelling to far flung places for a chance to see what we expect to see? So worth reading regardless, I found this a useful guide.

Comments

Popular Posts