Join the fight against the Nazis in 1943 Vatican

 

 ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑ This story, based on Monsignor Hugh O’Flaherty's experiences in the Vatican during WWII, played out exceptionally well, keeping me engrossed and keen to see how the story of Christmas Eve 1943's Rendimento would play out. It was gripping, tense, personal and full of character back story and multiple points of view from a number of people involved in the escape line and that night's mission.

As I read, My Father's House played out in my mind like a black and white 1940s noir film. The detail was extraordinary, creating a vision that seemed so clear to me. I felt an invested member of the Choir, anxious to do my bit to bring about mission success. A great story of grit and perseverance against a dangerous enemy, I was hooked and will certainly be on the look out for more novels by Joseph O'Connor.

Comments

Popular Posts