Gripping book on the 20s financial world

 

   ⭑⭑⭑⭑  Trust is a difficult book to rate. The financial aspect of the 20s was brilliant. The logic behind investment principles and working for America's good was top-notch – not remotely a bridge too far for those less than savvy on market strategies, like myself. The characters were smart, well defined and each had a unique edge. A book containing four separate, nearly stand-alone, novels worked well in telling the overarching narrative. I liked each booklet quite a bit, some more than others and, though I could see the direction of travel, I was keen to reach the destination.

I suppose my difficulty arises from the close of the final chapter and feeling the destination was not satisfactorily reached. It's easy to see how and why that came to be but it felt a let down? It needed just a wee bit more. It didn't limit my enjoyment and doesn't deter me from recommending this novel. It's well written and thought provoking. Just the glimpse of the magical 20s financial world, before the depression and the Fed, was well worth reading Trust. What an era full of possibility that became skewed with regulation and mass consumption. A golden time in history well captured.

Comments

Popular Posts