An epic dystopian fantasy world

 

⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑  I looked forward to bedtime with much anticipation knowing I had The Book of Sand waiting. I greatly enjoyed my time in this world in the company of Spider, Camel and the rest of the Dormilones 'family'. A mind bending dystopian fantasy, the world building skill is first rate and utterly (un)believable. The Book of Sand had me enthralled from page one as I worked to unravel how everything hung together in this topsy-turvy existence. Much confusion on my part, initially, but once I freed my mind of the geographic constraints here on Earth and embraced the journey the possibilities opened up and the story took on new dimensions.

I won't go anywhere near the plot but will say the adventure is pure escapism fuel and fascinating, even including the tense times of stress and worry for our dear family. A terrific read penned by the much esteemed, late Mo Hayder and the first of a series, I hope, as I am keen to know what lies ahead in this otherworldly adventure race.

Comments

Popular Posts