Better than I could have hoped

 

  ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑  As space operas go, To Sleep in a Sea of Stars is pretty epic. I couldn't read it fast enough as the drama comes thick and fast in a thoroughly bingeable way. Perfect as the nights draw in earlier and earlier.

Kira Navárez is about to wrap up her work on an uncolonized planet with her fiance when one misstep changes her life entirely. What was meant to be a future of marriage and settling down turns into the complete opposite in ways Kira could not imagine. I couldn't foresee where this novel was headed and that was part of the delight as the first-rate world building swept me up and carried me blissfully along. I don't read sci fi a lot but this book made me wonder why I don't read it more? The full immersion into a space-dwelling existence certainly felt plausible and within our reach as the chain reaction of events ratcheted up the tension and excitement.

A marvelous novel, this reminds me how I felt after reading The Martian. I cannot wait to see what happens next in this series. Let's hope the wait isn't too long??

Comments

Popular Posts