Buckle up for a thrilling ride

⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑  I know, I know. You read The Memory Wood's description and thought, "Gee, this sounds like most psychological thrillers containing a plucky female struggling to escape her abductor." I thought the same but was swayed by the excellent reviews of previous readers. Now I am here trying to intrigue you into reading this book with my sterling review. Twists you won't believe await you should you decide to take the plunge into the wood.

In The Memory Wood we are introduced to 13 year old chess master Elissa who is being held captive by unknown assailants. It's dark, dank and she is scared but focused. In fumbles Elijah a 12 year old boy who lives in the Memory Wood. He wants to befriend Elissa as he has done with the previous occupants of her cell. Creepy? You bet, in spades, but that is just the beginning. We also get to know the lead detective DS Mairead MacCullagh who is dealing with her own personal difficulties. This feels like a textbook police procedural but with the addition of a personal element. This case is not the first of this sort Mairead has faced and she is motivated to conclude it with Elissa safely home, despite her own troubles.

I couldn't get enough of The Memory Wood. The twists are plentiful and the onion layers of misdirection are expertly applied. There is much here to tie you to this book. I couldn't put it down. There was hardly time to catch my breath as the story unfurled dealing out shocker after shocker. Lots of tension and an exciting read, this novel is sure to be a best seller.

Comments

Popular Posts