Amazingly creepy

⭑⭑⭑⭑  Cold Storage has it all - creepy evil fungus taking over humans to propagate more easily, high octane action and liberal amounts of humour to wash it all down. I have never enjoyed a quasi-horror novel more. It's true I did have nightmares a few nights into starting this book but once I overcame my flesh crawling reaction, I sat back and enjoyed the lighter side of potentially apocalyptic destruction.

The finale played out pretty much as expected and I am glad for it. We could have gone a number of ways but this ending was just what the doctor ordered for our characters. Roberto, Teacake and Naomi were all terrific fun, and likeable, and I enjoyed watching them work to contain the wickedly adaptive Cordyceps novus.

Amazingly good fun, Cold Storage will make your palms sweat as events unfold and the danger creeps ever closer.

Comments

Popular Posts